One of the biggest lessons from the bipartisan 9/11 Commission Report, is that Americans are safer when federal, state, and local governments coordinate and communicate with one another in their operations. After 9/11 the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) was created to ensure we never make the mistake again of operating in silos allowing criminals to evade capture and continue their criminal activities in the interior of the United States of America.
As the radical “Defund the Police” and “Abolish ICE” movements continue their efforts, they are gaining traction to dismantle this important lesson and attack our constitutional rights through the Biden/Harris administration. Rather than fix our immigration laws to create a fair system and a secure border or ensure our freedoms are protected, the Biden/Harris Administration has begun acting on these extremist ideas by:
- Ending its cooperative programs with state and local law enforcement
- Continuing the Biden Border Crisis by Dismantling of Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE)
- Appointing radical nominees to lead important departments implementing these extreme policies like DHS, ICE, Customs and Border Protection (CBP), and Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms (ATF)
Ending Cooperative Programs with State & Local Governments
DHS Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas has informed Sheriffs across the country he intends to end important immigration enforcement partnership programs with state and local law enforcement like 287(g) of the U.S. Immigration and Nationality Act and the Warrant Service Officer (WSO) program that empower locally elected Sheriffs to coordinate with the federal government to enforce our federal immigration laws. DHS began this rollback on May 20, 2021 in Bristol County, MA and Irwin County, Georgia by ending the first two memorandums of understanding (MOU’s) with those local governments. As of this writing, DHS maintained a current list of state and local jurisdictions partnering with ICE on immigration enforcement here.Read More ›
The Biden Border Crisis & Dismantling ICE
Since taking office Biden has signed executive orders to stop construction of the border wall and end the Asylum Agreements with the Northern Triangle countries in Central America that stopped the transnational cartels’ human trafficking. The border wall system and “Migrant Protection Protocols” or “Remain in Mexico” policies were pivotal to controlling the flow of illegal immigration and those executive orders were key factors to the beginning of the Biden Border Crisis. It’s no wonder that the southwest border is currently experiencing the highest levels of illegal immigration in decades as the ICE arrests are down 60%. DHS Secretary Mayorkas has worked hard to implement Biden’s Immigration Fact Sheet which stealthily dismantles ICE without abolishing it.
Radical Nominees to Lead Agencies
We need your help now to urge the U.S. Senate to vote against Joe Biden’s radical nominees through national organization, television ads, and grassroots campaigns. We need to help the U.S. Senate find the courage to vote against nominees who don’t believe in our constitution and enforcing the rule of law.
U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS)
On February 2, 2021 Alejandro Mayorkas was confirmed as Secretary of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and President Biden signed an executive order on the same day cancelling the Migrant Protection Protocols as a sign of what Mayorkas’ service as Secretary would look like. While avoiding addressing the border crisis, Mayorkas has worked hard to dismantle ICE and mislead the American people about the crisis at the border.Read More ›
Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF)
David Chipman is a Joe Biden’s nominee to be Director of the ATF is a gun control lobbyist for Every Town for Gun Safety and the Giffords Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence. He is a documented supporter of an AR-15 ban and his stance on gun rights are not just worrisome for the protection of our country’s constitutional rights, but for community safety. When Americans are able to defend themselves and protect their homes through the right to keep and bear arms, communities are safer because they are able to defend themselves. Whether it’s a widow living alone to garner peace of mind or a rancher protecting his livestock, the second amendment is imperative to the future of our great nation and David Chipman is a staunch opponent to gun rights. If you support the Second Amendment, the ATF Director has significant purview to inhibit your ability to acquire firearms without legislative oversight and Chipman’s nomination as a gun control lobbyist is a terrible choice to head the ATF.
Read More:Protect America Now letter to U.S. Senate opposing Chipman
Immigration & Customs Enforcement (ICE)
Joe Biden nominated Harris County, Texas Sheriff Ed Gonzalez to be his Director of the Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency, but Gonzalez is hardly interested in enforcement.
From Texas Monthly: Ed Gonzalez Has Spent Years Fighting ICE. President Biden Just Nominated Him to Run the Agency.
- “Gonzalez has spent much of his time in the role fighting the Trump administration’s immigration policies. One month after taking office, he stopped participating in ICE’s 287(g) program, under which ten of his deputies had been tasked with determining the immigration status of jailed suspects. (Harris County had participated in the program since 2008.) Later that year he spoke out forcefully against Texas Senate Bill 4 (SB 4) , the controversial bill that became a state law banning “sanctuary cities” for undocumented immigrants and requiring local Texas officials to cooperate with federal immigration authorities. In 2019, Gonzalez barred his deputies from participating in large-scale immigration raids in Houston.
- “Many anti-immigration organizations, including Protect America Now, a national coalition of conservative sheriffs, oppose Gonzalez’s nomination.”
Customs and Border Protection (CBP)
Tucson Police Chief Chris Magnus has been nominated by Joe Biden to lead CBP and has a long history of criticism of border protection.
- “Testifying to a Senate committee in 2018, Magnus called enhancing the border wall a waste of resources better spent on other law enforcement needs.” - KGUN Tuscon
- Magnus is an outspoken opponent of Operation Stonegarden, a federal program that supports state and local law enforcement working along the U.S. border and totaled $90 million in total funding for fiscal year 2021.